ALL CTE classes require a valid, government issued I.D., a high school diploma from an accredited institution or an HSE/GED®. Additionally, you must pass placement testing at a 7.0 grade level to enroll.
It’s easy to register for Career Technical Education classes. Just follow the guidelines below:
- Attend one of our weekly Testing, Orientation and Registration (TOR) Meetings, which are held Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. in the Administration Building on campus. This initial meeting will give you an overview of the CTE department and provide individual program information. No appointment is necessary to attend. Call 559-327-2853 if you have more questions. No TOR Meetings held on November 21, 2018 or December 26, 2018.
- Agency Student Registration:
- Students referred to Clovis Adult Education through CalWORKS must attend a mandatory orientation and placement testing. Orientation for CTE and ESL programs is held on Tuesday. Students must bring their contract to the orientation for verification of referral from the County. Job Specialists may refer to their "School site Schedule" for further details. Questions may be directed to Lisa Strong in the Agency office at 559-327-2865.
- Individuals sponsored by an outside agency, such as Department of Rehabilitation, Workforce Connection, Workman's Compensation, Veterans Affairs students must provide documentation from their agency, prior to enrollment. This documentation must state the intent to pay and/or proof of eligibility for services and fees for the student. Additional questions may be directed to Josie Gallegos in the Agency office at 559-327-2803.
- Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. For PELL Grant financial assistance, you may contact Josie Gallegos in the Agency office at 559-327-.2803. Please visit our website www.clovisadultschool.com and click on the Student Resources tab for more information and links to the Federal Student Aid website.